Paediatric Physiotherapy is assessment, treatment and care of babies, children and young people from birth to 18 years old with movement difficulties that impact on physical ( motor) development. It involves promoting their health and well-being with the specialist knowledge and experience of child development and childhood disabilities. Treatment is based on an assessment of the child/ young person’s needs and identified goals. Working in partnership with the child/young person, parents and carers is important within paediatric physiotherapy to enable children and young people to achieve their full potential and participation in life.
We provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment of a wide range of conditions including:
· Delayed development – babies or young children not achieving their motor milestones
· Babies born prematurely requiring monitoring of their motor development.
· Neurological conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, acquired brain injuries.
· Neuromuscular conditions, genetic conditions and syndromes resulting in delayed development.
· Down syndrome (trisomy 21)
· Coordination difficulties e.g: Dyspraxia, DCD ( developmental coordination disorder), delayed balance and ball skills
· Mobility difficulties such as tip-toe walking
· Postural problems
· Pre and post-operative rehabilitation
Our Paediatric Physiotherapy Practitioner
To book an appointment please contact: